22 April 2010

Bi-polarity

My nature is very dualistic. Besides being a gardener, until the farm can support itself...I am also a massage therapist and a bartender. On Mondays and Tuesdays I do 3 hours of massage before going to my full time bartending job at night. People are often surprised that I would have two very seemingly different means of employment. But to me they are not so different. I actually really do love people, after all. I love their stories, I love their surprises. At times I do not love them, but in that I love the contrast too. I am a very spiritual person, but I also LOVE to dance. Two of my favorite music groups/singers are Metallica and Enya. I love beer, and wine, and going out to bars, and parties, but I don't do illegal drugs. But back to the employment....in both these professions I connect with people and help them relax...sometimes, if I may be so bold as to say, I can help them heal, at least in some small fashion. That's what I love. But I would get bored only doing massage, and although I might not be bored, only doing bartending would not be good for me. I need the grounding, the reminder that I get from massage. Gardening does that too for me, helps me stay connected. That's so important. I always go back to this idea I've had for years and years that the disentegration of community is causing most of society's ailments. Our society has become a bunch of boxes in a lot of ways and if you don't fit into them sometimes it's hard to find a community. Alex is convinced that is where modern religion has gone terribly wrong. Disconnecting from the natural world. Nature is where it's at, people! Anyway...I'm trying to get Alex to do some posts on this site, since it's her farm too...so I'm going to start differentiating when I write...this is Sherry...that's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment